An Online Transactional Mining Cadastre Portal (OTMCP) is a secure, web-based, e-Government system through which companies and individuals are able to administer their mineral rights online. When coupled with FlexiCadastre as the government's back-office mining cadastre system, OTMCPs take management of mineral rights to the next level.
Download this Case Study in PDF format:
[English] [French] [Spanish] [Portuguese]
Papua New Guinea Mineral Resources Authority
The Mineral Resources Authority (MRA) of Papua New Guinea has gone live with their ambitious Mineral Tenement Management Project. The project includes the implementation of FlexiCadastre, the launch of an online public web-map providing tenement data, and the integration of MRA's Library Management System. Phase two of the project commenced with the Online Transactional Mining Cadastre Portal registration process opening to the public.
Acting Managing Director of the MRA, Philip Samar, remarked that “FlexiCadastre brings significant improvements to the many administrative processes required under the Mining Act and its updates. It enables better, reliable and timely presentation of mining related information. This functionality will ensure a more convenient process for the granting, renewal and compliance monitoring of tenure within the MRA and elevate PNG into the top tier of destinations for mineral explorers.”
The portal is available at https://portal.mra.gov.pg/.
Registered users of the OTMCP are able to:
- View details of their tenure portfolio
- Details include key dates, status, obligations, coordinates and a map
- Submit license applications, renewals, surrenders, and ownership transfers
- Submit reports and other required documentation
- Receive notifications via email and sms
- View and pay all mandatory fees online by:
- Major credit cards including MasterCard and Visa
- Mobile Money
An OTMCP benefits a country's extractives industry by providing a transparent channel for communication between the government and its stakeholders.
- Real time access to live cadastre information
- Spatial validation of license applications online
- Payments made via a secure payment gateway directly to the government
- Notification reminders sent out to license holders via email or SMS
The OTMCPs operate in conjunction with the FlexiCadastre Mining Cadastre System to manage compliance for the complete license life-cycle. The portals have the ability to improve these processes by:
- Greater efficiency through the reduction of paper-based submissions
- Simplifying revenue collection through an easy to use, secure payment gateway
- Streamlining processes to reduce application waiting periods
- Cadastre Office staff having more time to focus on value added services